Caring for your hardwood floors ensures that they last a good deal of time looking pristine and beautiful. Manually vacuuming a floor can be a tall order, and you might want to try a robot vacuum cleaner for easier days.
One of the most outstanding things about a hardwood floor is its breath taking beauty and its ability to uplift a space’s overall look from a drab and boring room to a warmly and delightfully cosy environment. When having it installed, no one particularly tells you that you will have to clean it on a regular, and being a wood floor, you will not be able to use the traditional soap and water on a daily basis. This is where a vacuum cleaner comes in. We tried out a few robot vacuums, and here are the best for a hard wood floor.
The Best Robot Vacuums for hard wood Floors Comparison Table
The Best Robot Vacuums for Hard Wood Floors Product Review
Ideal for all types of floors
- 3-Stage cleaning system loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt, dust, and hair from hard floors and carpet.
- Dual Multi Surface Brushes work together to grab dust, dirt, and large debris; The Auto Adjust cleaning head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean both carpets and hard floors
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of sensors intelligently navigate the robot under and around objects and under furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Edge Sweeping Brush is specially designed at a 27 degree angle to sweep debris away from edges and corners
- 3-stage cleaning system
- Dual multi-surface brushes
- Patented dirt detect sensors
- Edge sweep brush
- Ideal for all floor types
When this small robot vacuum device sets to work, it operates with stealth and prowess to eliminate all forms of dirt, including pet fur. This characteristic is largely attributed to its 3-stage cleaning system that works to loosen, lift and suction up dirt, hairs and animal fur and dust with efficiency.
It is fitted with dual multi-surface brushes that are excellent for leaving all sorts of surfaces looking clean and pristine. One of the most outstanding features of this device is that its dual multi-surface brushes are programmed to self-adjust to different floor types. As an added advantage, it has dirt detect sensors that ensure this robot vacuum does not leave any traces of dirt behind. Its edge sweep brush ensures that even tight corners and bends are well cleaned and that you do not have to manually clean after the robot vacuum cleaner.
- Has an elaborate 3-stage cleaning system
- It is an ideal robot vacuum for all floor types
- Has self-adjusting multi-surface brushes
- Comes with an edge sweep brush
- Comes with dirt detect sensors
- It is a bit expensive
This small device is ideal for ensuring that all your floors are in pristine condition at all times. With the iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum, your hard wood floors will stay clean without demanding any physical effort from you.
Ideal for all types of soft and hard floors
- CORNER-CLEANING ‘D’ DESIGN -- Round robots can’t reach corners, and corners are where the worst dirt hides. Our industry-leading design gets you a complete floor clean
- LASER SMART MAPPING -- D6 technology intelligently navigates and maps your home, cleaning in straight lines instead of a random pattern -- so you never miss a spot
- MASTERFUL ON MULTIPLE SURFACES -- Neato D6 conquers any surface, from carpet, to hardwood, to kitchen tile.
- INTUITIVE OPERATION AND INTERFACE - Neato is simple to use. Our focus has always been on out-of-the-box, one-button, perfect cleaning.
- CLEAR WINNER IN PET HAIR - Capture more pet hair, dirt, and allergens with an improved core brush, side brush, and ultra performance filter
- Ideal for all floor types
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Excellent for pet hair
- Intuitive interface and operation
- Laser smart mapping
- D-design for corner cleaning
The Neato Robotics D6 Laser Guided Robot Vacuum makes an ideal acquisition fr home owners that have a mix of hard wood, carpet and other hard floor types. Since it has the capacity to connect and work with Alexa, you will have an easy time commanding and directing this device from wherever you are in the home.
Reviewers have uplauded the Neato Robotics D6 Laser Guided Robot Vacuum for its ability to get rid of all hair and animal fur on the floors. This characteristic is largely attributed to its powerful suction ability. Additionally, this device comes with a core brush, a side brush and an ultra-performance filter which make it ideal for getting rid of minute dirt and dust particles along with allergens that could affect the home’s inhabitants.
Finally, its D-design makes it an ideal tool for cleaning corners and other hard to reach spaces so that you do not have to.
- Ergonomic D-design for comprehensive cleaning in corners
- Excellent for hair and animal fur
- Ideal for multiple floor types
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Comes with anti-allergen features
- This robot vacuum cleaner is quite expensive
Even though this device costs a pretty penny, you will find that every penny is worth it since it will clean all your floors and leave them looking clean and beautiful at all times. You will also have an easy time controlling it since it connects to Amazon Alexa.
Comes with patented dirt detect sensors
- Power-Lifting Suction delivers 5X the air power* for improved pick-up performance
- Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt, dust, and pet hair. The Auto-Adjust Cleaning Head adapts its height to keep the Multi-Surface Brushes in close contact with different floor surfaces, directly engaging with both hard floors and carpets
- Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes instantly adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with floors
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high-traffic zones of your home
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App; compatible with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant
- Premium 3-stage cleaning
- Dual multi-surface rubber brushes
- Patented dirt detector sensors
- Comes with iRobot HOME App
- Runs 90 minutes on full charge
This device is likely the most hand-free of them all. It bears the capacity to self-charge after running a cool 90 minutes of cleaning the entire home. When it comes to actual cleaning, the iRobot Roomba 891 Robot Vacuum does a stellar job since it has a 3-stage cleaning system. It begins with loosening dirt, lifting it and then using powerful suction to get it off the floors. It is an ideal tool for getting rid of all hairs and even pet fur with mastered prowess.
The robot vacuum comes with a downloadable mobile app that lets you control it from the comfort of your phone. Additionally, it is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, allowing you to schedule clean times at your own convenience.
Its patented dirt detector sensors ensure that it leaves no dirt behind, allowing for a comprehensive and thorough clean. Additionally, it is slim and compact, a characteristic that gives it the ability to go into tight spaces with ease.
- It is quite pricey
- Comes with a comprehensive cleaning system
- Comes with downloadable mobile app
- It is able to self-charge
- Ideal for many floor types
When it comes to smart cleaning abilities, the iRobot Roomba 891 Robot Cleaner tops the list. All you have to do is schedule a cleaning time and allow the machine to do its thing. When its battery runs low, it will dock and self-charge until full.
Comes with multiple cleaning modes
This robot vacuum is an excellent device for all floor types and it also comes with several cleaning modes for various surfaces.
- Multiple quite cleaning modes
- Ideal for carpeted and hard floors
- Remote controlled
- Identifies obstacles and declines
- Automatic charging
The GOOVI by ONSON Robot Vacuum is an ideal device for keeping you entire home clean, especially your beautiful hard wood floors. One of its most outstanding features is its ability to clean quietly, making it ideal for use even when you are sleeping.
Additionally, it has the capacity to detect obstacles such as furniture and declines, preventing it from falling down the stairs or from bumping into furniture and other items as it cleans. It also comes with several cleaning modes which allow it to be thorough in different settings.
The GOOVI by ONSON Robot Vacuum device also comes with a large 2600mAh rechargeable battery which allows it to run for several hours before requiring a recharge. When it does need to recharge, it self-docks to the power outlet and proceeds to charge, making it a smooth and easy process for you.
- Not ideal for thick and fluffy carpets
- It comes with multiple cleaning modes
- Can be remote controlled
- Can identify obstacles and declines
- Automatically recharges
- It works quietly
This device makes cleaning your hardwood floors quite easy since it is able to clean properly, and it also does not need much managing. Additionally, it is quiet and can work even where there is a sleeping baby.
It is a slim and compact device ideal for small spaces
- Twice the Coverage, Twice the Care: Extended 24-month product service support means you can enjoy care-free cleaning for longer. Receive friendly, helpful guidance anytime you need it and make maintenance easy and stress-free.
- Cleans Where Others Can’t: The slim 2.85” body with an upgraded 1500Pa only cleans glides under furniture to vacuum where you can’t see. Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** of constant, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it’s always ready to clean.
- What You Get: RoboVac 12, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide, and our worry-free 24-month product service support.
This robot vacuum is a remote controlled device that bears the capacity to work quick and quiet for your peace of mind.
- Ideal for all floor types
- Slim and compact
- Drop sensing technology
- Multiple cleaning modes
- Triple filter system
When it comes to keeping your hardwood floors looking clean, this device ensures that you do not have to worry one bit. With scheduled cleaning, the Eufy by Anker BoostIQ RoboVac 12 does cleaning for the entire home unmonitored.
To avoid getting damaged from falls, this robot vacuum comes with drop sensing technology that allows it to detect such declines as stairs and obstacles such as furniture. With its multiple cleaning modes, this device ensures that all floor surfaces in your home, including your hard wood floors, maintain a high level of cleanliness.
Inside the Eufy by Anker BoostIQ RoboVac 12 is a 0.6 litre dust box which provides enough room for multiple cleaning sessions without needing to be emptied constantly. Additionally, it comes with a slim and compact design that allows it to go into every nook and cranny for comprehensive cleaning.
- Slim and compact design for easy manoeuvring
- Comes with drop sensitive technology
- Has a large dust box
- Has a comprehensive triple filter system
- Great for all floor types
- It does not support Wi-Fi connectivity
This small and compact device ensures that your home stays clean and pristine even in your absence. The fact that it is ideal for multiple floor types makes it an even more convenient acquisition.
Buying a robot vacuum for your hardwood floors – What to look out for
Here are a few considerations you should make before settling on a robot vacuum.
A robot vacuum that supports Wi-Fi compatibility is quite convenient since you can be able to control it remotely even from the comfort of your mobile phone. You can easily change cleaning modes and set a cleaning schedule without having to touch the robot vacuum at all.
If you have multiple floor types in your home, you want to make sure that your chosen robot vacuum bears the capacity to clean them all. You do not want to spend a lot of money on an item that will hardly do the job that it is required to.
A self-charging robot vacuum is highly convenient since you do not have to worry about doing it yourself. When the battery runs low, a self-charging robot vacuum self-docks to the charging station until it gets full.
Allergy and pet friendliness
Before choosing a particular robot vacuum, ensure that it can be able to get rid of allergens such as pet hair and extremely fine dust and dirt particles with ease without causing serious health concerns.
Dust box size
Go for a robot vacuum that has a large dust box. This will ensure that you do not have to keep emptying every so often. There are robot vacuums that have dust boxes that are large enough to go up to 60 days without needing to be emptied.
A hard wood floor is an expensive home feature to install and maintain. For this reason, you want to make sure that you accord it the best care possible, and that it does not sustain any damage while you are at it. This is why it is imperative to have a robot vacuum that will ensure your hard wood floor stays clean at all times without causing any damage to them.
Does the Neato Robotics D6 Laser Guided Robot Vacuum come with laser mapping technology?
Yes, this robot vacuum comes with laser mapping technology.
Can the iRobot Roomba 614 Robot Vacuum collect large debris?
Yes, it can collect considerably large debris.
How large is the GOOVI by ONSON Robot Vacuum’s dust box?
It comes with a capacity of 0.5 litres.