Bird seed has a tendency to damage regular vacuum cleaner, and the best way to clean this kind of debris is by using a robot vacuum. However, not all of them are well equipped for this exercise. Here are a few ideal models.
I know a good number of exotic bird owners, and while most of them have varying bird species, almost all of them have similar problems as far as cleaning after the birds goes. A good deal of them, have had to replace their vacuum cleaners after they got damaged by bird seed, and it started to prove expensive. Having been in retail for quite some time, I knew how handy robot vacuums are, and I decided to compile a review and buying guide for some of the best robot vacuums for bird owners.
The Best Robot Vacuum for Bird Owners Comparison Table
The Best Robot Vacuum for Bird Owners Products Review
Comes with a self-emptying feature
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the s9 to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- OUR MOST ADVANCED CLEAN - You—and your home—deserve the best. With groundbreaking technology and a sophisticated design, the s9 is our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet.
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40x the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris and pet hair from deep within your carpets. Automatically increases suction to clean even deeper with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors and a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners and along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows. Careful Drive Mode detects objects* in its path and cleans around them without jostling or nudging. * objects taller than 2.5 cm
- 3-stage cleaning system
- 40x times vacuum suction
- Smart mapping and navigation
- Vacuums in the moment
The iRobot Roomba S9 9550 Robot Vacuum is an intelligent and highly reliable cleaning device that hardly needs your presence or supervision to get the job done. The reason for this is largely because it is a smart device that uses technology to go about its business. It comes with smart mapping and navigation, starting off by creating a map of your floors and identifying the type of floor in each area for ideal cleaning. Additionally, it has multiple sensors that keep it from colliding with furniture and other obstacles.
Perhaps what makes it ideal for bird owners is its 40x vacuum suction than makes it more powerful than most other vacuum cleaners. This means that bird seed, feathers and bird droppings stand no chance against this device. You will also have an incredibly easy time with it since it cleans and empties itself. Also, when the battery runs low, it self-docks into the power outlet to get fully charged.
For easy control, this device comes with Wi-Fi compatibility, allowing you to issue commands verbally over Alexa. If you do not have Alexa enabled devices, you can easily control it via a downloadable mobile app that grants you full access from the comfort of your mobile phone.
- Has powerful suction
- Smart mapping and navigation
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa
- It is incredibly expensive
Even though this robot vacuum is incredibly expensive, it will have your space looking clean round the clock with barely any effort. You can leave the house or take a nap and wake up to a clean house.
Comes with a clever D-design
- Corner-cleaning ‘D’ design -- round robots can’t reach corners, and corners are where the worst dirt hides. Our industry-leading design gets you a complete floor clean
- Intuitive & Easy. Neato’s advanced engineering is all under the hood. What you get is complete vacuuming at the touch of a button.
- Laser-guided mapping -- D7 technology intelligently navigates and maps your home, cleaning in straight lines instead of a random pattern -- for a better clean
- Floor cleaning for carpets, hardwood, kitchen tiles -- equally powerful and effective on every surface. Dustbin Capacity - 0.7 liters. Battery Charge Time - Up to 150 minutes
- Pet hair specialist -- imagine your floors without pet hair. Neato has a 70% larger brush than leading round robots, proven to remove more pet hair
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Laser guided mapping
- Cleaning customization
- Ideal for carpets and hard floors
Whenever you are using a robot vacuum, there is always the worry that it will be unable to clean those hard to reach places. The makers of the Neato Robotics D7 Laser Guided Robot Vacuum ensured that you do not have to deal with such issues or go over your floors a second time. Its unique D shape allows it to get into those areas and make a comprehensive clean.
Additionally, it boasts incredible navigation technique due to its laser technology. It also allows the device to create a map of the whole floor o as to clean without leaving behind any spots. When cleaning, it is able to work on different floor surfaces, ranging from hard wood, terrazzo, laminate floors and even carpets. You can also customize cleaning to be able to deal with different forms of dirt, making it ideal for bird owners.
As an added advantage, it is a Wi-Fi enabled cleaning tool that can receive commands over Alexa and Google Assistant. In the absence of Alexa, you can conveniently use a mobile app to be able to control it from wherever you are in the home.
- Clever D-design for comprehensive cleaning
- Laser guided for precise movement and mapping
- Cleans multiple floor types
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Comes with mobile app
- It is quite noisy
If your floor plan has a good deal of corners and obstacles, it will do you a great deal of good to get this robot vacuum. Even though it is considerably loud, it gets the job done without much fuss.
Has extremely powerful suction
- Included Components: Remote
- AAA Batteries
- Docking Station
- Power Source Type: Samsung vacuum. Dust Capacity-0.3 L
- Powerful 3510Pa suction
- Great for corners
- Ideal for multiple floors
- Smart mapping and navigation
- Wi-Fi enabled
The idea behind getting a robot vacuum is obviously to have it do as much cleaning as possible without the need to go over the work once again. The Samsung Electronics R7040 comes with extremely powerful 3510Pa suction that leaves zero debris behind, whether bird seed, droppings or even food. With this kind of suction power, you can be guaranteed that even your carpets stand a chance to benefit from a deep and comprehensive clean.
Since it comes with smart mapping and navigation, this robot vacuum makes a map of your floor plan to be able to navigate with ease and to take not of the different floor types around. Additionally, it knows to avoid obstacles such as furniture and shoes as it cleans, and it can also detect declines such as stairs on the floor.
This robot vacuum can be used on all floor types including concrete, terrazzo, hard wood, laminate and also carpeted floors. It also boasts a large dust box that takes a while to fill. Once its charge is exhausted, it self-docks into the charging hub and resumes cleaning when charge is full. It is an incredible device that is pet and allergen friendly, owing to its incredible filter.
- Comes with extremely powerful suction
- Smart navigation and mapping
- Has a large dust box
- Pet and allergen friendly
- Has a short battery life
The Samsung Electronics R7040 Robot Vacuum makes for an ideal cleaning companion around the home, delivering high quality cleaning owing to its powerful suction. Its battery life is considerably short, but the fact that it self-charges makes it doable.
- Included in the “Best robot vacuums of 2019” by Tom’s Guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2.85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it's always ready to clean.
- Ideal for hard floors and carpets
- Good suction
- Quiet cleaning
- Boost IQ technology
- Slim build
We really loved this robot vacuum’s slim build since it allowed for the Eufy by Anker Boost IQ RoboVac 11S to go into tight spaces and under furniture to do a thorough clean. Even though it does not come with extremely powerful suction, its 1300Pa suction would have no issues getting bird seed and other related debris off the ground with ease.
Its Boost IQ technology works by increasing the strength of suction within 1.5 seconds as soon as it detects a floor that has more dirt than other patches. Additionally, it comes with smart navigation that allows for the robot vacuum to detect walls, furniture and other obstacles along its path. It also has the capacity to detect declines on the floor, keeping it from falling down stairs.
To control it, you need to download a mobile app on your mobile phone. This app provides a user interface that gives you full control of the robot vacuum from any location. With this feature, you can leave home and come to a clean house.
- Slim fit that allows it to go under furniture
- Comes with smart navigation and mapping
- Ideal for all floors
- Comes with Boost IQ technology
- It is not Wi-Fi enabled
We love that this robot vacuum is quite effective and quite affordable at the same time. If you are on a budget but would still like to enjoy the perks of a high-end vacuum cleaner, the Eufy by Anker Boost IQ Robovac 11S is your best bet.
Comes with a long battery life
- Simultaneous vacuuming and mopping: Integrated suction, sweeping and mopping in one go. The large 240ml water tank can cover over 2,000 sq. ft. of mopping. Intergraded OZMO mopping system supports 4 levels of precise water control for your varying mopping need.
- Intelligent AI Object Recognition: AIVI Technology identifies, recognizes, and intelligently decides what to do around obstacles like shoes and cables so you don't need to clean before cleaning. DEEBOT offers faster and more accurate object identification, identifying obstacles 200% faster than previous AIVI models, avoiding collision and giving you uninterrupted cleaning.
- On-demand HD Live Video: Drive DEEBOT through the app to any area of your home to look in on pets, check for open doors or windows, and reach those spaces your home security cameras aren't able to. You can also capture still images and use the built-in speaker to speak through DEEBOT, bringing you a new level of monitoring and reassurance.
- Precision laser mapping and navigation: True Mapping combines precision laser technology and advanced dTOF sensors to map your home 2X coverage and 4X precision than standard laser mapping. It can save maps of your multi-floor home 30% faster, providing new levels of cleaning efficiency.
- Powerful custom cleaning: With ECOVACS App, you can divide or merge areas, label rooms, set cleaning sequence, choose different cleaning times, vacuum power, water flow level for different areas. You can also set no-go zones and no-mop zones so that certain areas will not be cleaned or mopped.
- 2-in-1 vacuum and mop
- Smart object recognition
- High efficiency filter
- 3+ hours battery life
- Video manager
If you would like to have it all, go for the ECOVACS Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum and Mop. It is a powerful device that does the work of both a robot vacuum and robot mop. With this feature, even the worst mess from your avian friends stands no chance against it. More impressively, it can both vacuum and mop at the very same time.
You do not, however, need to worry about your carpets as this robot vacuum and mop works since it comes with sensors that can detect the type of floor it is on. When it nears a carpeted area, it stops its mop function to avoid getting the carpet wet. When vacuuming carpets, it uses powerful suction to get rid of dirt and dust particles, even those that are set deeply in the carpet.
For a hands-free experience, you can set a cleaning schedule that allows this machine to work even in your absence. Since it comes with smart navigation and mapping, you can be certain that it will not bump into obstacles such as furniture, walls and other items such as shoes and toys. It will find a way to work around such items.
Controlling it is quite easy since it is Wi-Fi enabled and can take voice commands through Alexa. You can also give it instructions through a downloadable mobile app that gives you full access through your mobile phone from wherever you are.
- Comes as a vacuum and mop
- Has smart control and navigation
- Boasts powerful suction
- Supports video management
- Wi-Fi compatible
- It is an expensive cleaning robot
When it comes to getting all the work done with zero supervision, the ECOVACS Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum and Mop takes first place. You will part with a large amount of money, but it will be well worth it.
Buying a Robot Vacuum when you have birds – What to look out for
Birds are likely to drop food particles, feathers and heavy matter such as bird seed. For this reason, you need a robot vacuum that has powerful suction that will leave no particles behind or strain to get the dirt off the floor.
The idea behind getting a smart robot is to get your house clean without having to do it manually. A robot vacuum that creates its own maps and that can detect obstacles will be an ideal purchase since you will have no need to supervise it as it cleans.
Large dirt box
Bird seed and droppings can take up quite some space. Ensure that your chosen robot vacuum has enough room to accommodate enough debris for a good deal of time without needing constant emptying.
Keeping birds is a wonderful exercise, but it comes with its own downside which mostly includes cleaning after the birds. However, with a good robot vacuum, you will not have to worry about cleaning since it will get the job done with zero fuss and no effort from you. Make certain you get the details of each robot vacuum before settling on a particular one.
How large is the ECOVACS Deebot OZMO T8 AIVI Robot Vacuum and Mop’s water tank?
It holds 240ml of water.
Is the Samsung Electronics R7040 Robot Vacuum loud?
No, it is actually pleasantly quiet.
Does the Eufy by Anker Boost IQ RoboVac 11S come with warranty?
Yes, it comes with a 12-month warranty.